Tuesday, October 6, 2009

General Conference!


This October conference was so wonderful! I actually got to listen to all but two of the talks, and I was so inspired and felt the spirit through so many talks. I couldn't help feeling that there is a pressing urgency to get our home in order though. Things are coming to a head sooner than I think I would like. But anyway, it was so relaxing and enjoyable. One of my favorite moments was when Sarah came upstairs where I was watching and showed me her note book that she had been taking notes in all by herself. I had provided coloring and activity pages, bingo cards, pictures of the general authorities of the church for them to circle as they talked, and treats to eat. But, Sarah decided to take her own notes! I was so proud!
Anyway, I also love general conference for the traditions that are part of my life. When I was growing up, we would always get the garden ready in spring conference, and take it down in the Fall. Seasons have changed enough that we don't do that anymore, but I still loved it. Also, we make cinnamon rolls for Sunday morning! That is the tradition that I have faithfully followed my whole life (who wouldn't) My kids, Shawn and I look forward to and love Sunday morning breakfast. The kids all fight to help make them, and I just fight to eat them all...
Hey, if you have some great ideas for LITTLE kids to do during conference, let me know. I haven't found any that work longer than an hour... :)

No comments:

background